AetherSX2 is a emulator of the PS Two console for the Android platform. You can play games which you have dumped from disc on your portable device.
A BIOS image **is required** to play games and is not optional. This image should be dumped from your own console, using a homebrew application.
You need a high end device to achieve good performance.
We recommend at least a Snapdragon 845-equivalent device. This means 4 large cores (Cortex-A75 level, 500 or more single core Geekbench 5). If you only have two big cores (e.g. Snapdragon 700 series SoCs), you should not enable multi-threaded VU, and performance will suffer as a result.
Devices with Mali or PowerVR GPUs will run the app, but performance will be much lower than Adreno GPUs, and the Vulkan renderer will not be available. This is because they are missing a critical feature (dual-source blending).
– System simulation
– OpenGL, Vulkan and Software rendering
– Upscaling of games to 1080p and beyond
– Widescreen patches for games without native support
– Save states
– Touchscreen and bluetooth controller support
– Games can be loaded from iso/chd/cso disc images
– Per game settings
AetherSX2 should only be used to play games you own and have dumped from disc yourself. To dump your games, you can use a tool such as ImgBurn to create a .iso for the disc, and then copy across it to your device over USB.
This app is not affiliated in any way with Sony Interactive Entertainment.
AetherSX2 App alpha-1021 Update
2022-01-11* Minor optimization to EE/VU recompilers (+3-5% in GoW2).
* Improve texture preloading performance.
* Improve internal frame rate detection.
* Fix mipmapping in some games (e.g. Jak 2).
* Fix auto hide controller option when starting.
* Add per-game controller bindings (via “copy controller bindings”).
* Fix CRC hack option not togglable while ingame.
Additional App Information
Category: Free Arcade Game
Latest Version: alpha-662
Publish Date: 2021-12-11
Available on: Google Play
Requirements: Android 8.0+
Report: Flag as inappropriate